There are two Canon printer/copiers in the library located on the first floor.
One printer/copier is located on the north (blue) wall at the end of the row of computer workstations.
One printer/copier is located near Sam's Place.
The computer workstations print to the printer/copiers; select "Library Canon Spool Queue".
You can add drivers to your laptop so that you can print to the library printers; please see the instructions at the center of this page.
There are two scanners located on the first floor.
There is no cost to use the scanners.
The scanner located on the north (blue) wall offers both flatbed scanning and bullet scanning.
The scanner located near Sam's Place offers flatbed scanning.
You can scan your document to PDF, TIFF, JPEG, searchable PDF, and Word.
You can email the document to yourself, save to Google Docs, or save to your USB drive.
We recommend limiting each file to 8 pages maximum.
How to install the printer drivers: Uniprint system
For more information about the Uniprint campus printing system, contact the IT Help Desk at 201-216-5500 or firstname.lastname@example.org assistance.
How To Use Uniprint, visit the IT Knowledge base here: https://sit.teamdynamix.com/TDClient/KB/ArticleDet?ID=696
For the campus domain account: https://sit.teamdynamix.com/TDClient/KB/ArticleDet?ID=699
- 1-sided black & white printing/copying costs $0.04 per page
- 1-sided color printing/copying costs $0.40 per page
- 2-sided black & white printing/copying costs $0.03 per page
- 2-sided color printing/copying costs $0.39 per page
- Remember - select "black & white printing" to avoid being charged for color printing.
- The library does not provide refunds for prints/copies
- If you're printing from your laptop or from the library workstations, select Print.
- Select Library Canon Spool Queue as your printer destination.
- You'll be asked to supply a username/password; this can be anything you want. It doesn't have to be your Stevens credentials.
- Specify color or black & white and whether or not you want one-sided or two-sided printing.
- Select print.
- Go to the printer and swipe your Stevens ID card.
- Use touchscreen to activate keypad and enter your password.
- Select print.
- Identify your print job and print your document.
- When finished, remember to log out.
Please remember: if you're printing from your laptop, you'll need to install the appropriate drivers onto your laptop. Your laptop must be either a Stevens laptop or a registered laptop (see above). Please let us know if you have any questions.
- Paper sizes: 8.5 x 11, 8.5 x 14, and 11 x 17 (Please ask the Circulation Services desk attendant for the 11 x 17 paper).
- Reduction & Enlargement
- Document feeder
- Book copying
- Photo mode
Adding funds to your Stevens ID card (DuckBill$)
Using a credit/debit card:
Users may add funds (DuckBill$) using a credit/debit card to their Stevens i.d. cards by using the Stevens ID Card Office online account management website.
You may add value to your card using cash at the machine located near the library photocopiers or by adding funds (DuckBill$) to your i.d. card.
Patrons without a Stevens photo i.d. can use the machine to purchase a visitor's card for $2.00. This purchase fee does not cover the cost of prints/photocopies. Additional money must be added to the card in order to make copies.
For help with the printer/copiers and scanners, please see a member of the library staff.
For help with adding the printer drivers and other IT-related questions, please contact the IT Help Desk at 201-216-5500 or email@example.com or go to the IT Help Desk in the Computer Center in the basement of the library.
Library website Print & Copy Services webpage
Ask a Librarian
Reference and Research Services
Samuel C. Williams Library
Stevens Institute of Technology