Access to online research databases
Access to the Library’s online subscription databases will continue to be available 24/7 through the Library website. Please email [email protected] with questions, or visit the Remote Access research guide for more information about connecting remotely.
Borrowing books and other materials:
Access to the book and bound journal collection
Direct access to the book and bound journal collection is currently unavailable, but you can still get items that you need through the new contactless “Holds Pickup” service.
Please follow this process to obtain books from the Library stacks:
- Step 1: Search the Library Catalog to identify the book(s) you want
- Step 2: Request the item using the Book Borrowing Form.
- Step 3: When your request is ready, you will receive an email from the Library. Follow the instructions to schedule a date/time to pick up your item(s). Please do not come to the Library until you have received the confirmation email. For more information, please contact John Cruz, Circulation Services Manager.
If you are a student who is taking classes fully remotely and you are not living on campus, you can request a book from the Library Catalog by requesting it using the Book Borrowing Form. The Library will mail the book to you via UPS and we will include a return mailing label at no cost to you.
If you have checked-out books and you would like to return them (even if they are overdue books).
- We can mail you a UPS return mailing label and you can send the books to the Library, or,
- If you live near campus and it is convenient for you, a Library staff member will be happy to meet you in Hoboken and retrieve the books from you.
- Please contact John Cruz to arrange a book return.
Reserve book and textbook collection
The Reserve book and textbook collection will be unavailable until further notice.
Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery Services
At this time, Interlibrary Loan for book loans is suspended until further notice. Library patrons are encouraged to use Document Delivery Services to obtain articles from other university libraries.
If you have any questions, please contact Mary Ellen Valverde.
Access to Library Archives & Special Collections
Please contact Leah Loscutoff and Ted Houghtaling for research assistance related to the Library Archives & Special Collections. At this time, the Archives & Special Collections are closed to visitors. We hope to reopen them by appointment sometime in 2021. We will continue to add content to our new digital collections and exhibitions portal.