Update March 13, 2020
The Library will be closed the weekend of March 15-16, 2020.
Update March 11, 2020
The Samuel C. Williams Library remains open to members of the Stevens community. In an effort to keep our community safe and healthy, especially those who may be more vulnerable, we ask our patrons to practice social distancing and follow guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Services and Resources:
- The Library is open daily from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Librarians will be available for research help via Chat from the Library home page from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m, Monday through Friday.
Access to Research Databases
- Online journals and ebooks will continue to be available 24/7 via library.stevens.edu, and Library patrons are reminded to log into myStevens rather than use the Stevens VPN for off-campus access.
- Faculty and Librarians will collaborate to offer scheduled Library instruction sessions via Zoom.
- The Library will make every effort to hold scheduled workshops via Zoom. Check the Library Events page for updates.
Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery Services (ILL/DDS)
- Book borrowing from other university libraries continues to be available at this time.
- Article requests from other university libraries will continue to be available. Delays based on lending library availability may occur.
- Please contact Mary Ellen Valverde, Electronic Resources and Serials Librarian & Head of ILL / Document Delivery Services, for assistance.
- Print books and retrieval of books currently held in remote storage continue to be available.
- If you have books that are due, please renew them online.
Study Room Reservations
- Study rooms are unavailable.
Archives & Special Collections
- Assistance related to the Archives & Special Collections continues to be available.Please contact Leah Loscutoff, Head of Archives & Special Collections, and Ted Houghtaling, Archivist, and Digital Projects Librarian, for assistance.
Thesis and Dissertation Submission
- Formatting review for theses and dissertations will continue to be available. Please contact Ted Houghtaling, Archivist and Digital Projects Librarian, for assistance.
Test-Taking with Accommodations
- Faculty should contact Phil Gehman, Director of Disability Services, for information.
ELC Office, Academic Support Center Walk-In Tutoring Center, IEEE History Center, WCC Table
- Please check with these individual offices for information about their availability.
- Please stay connected through the Stevens website and the Samuel C. Williams Library website for updates.
- Get facts, data, and information about the Coronavirus (COVID-19) from our research guide.
- Chat with a Librarian at library.stevens.edu
- Email us at [email protected]
- For a list of Library Staff members, please visit here.