We know this may cause an inconvenience but safety must be our first priority. The Library staff will be working remotely and the following services and resources are available with some modifications:
- Librarians will be available for research help via Chat from the Library home page from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (ET) Monday through Friday.
Access to Research Databases
- Online journals and ebooks will continue to be available 24/7 via library.stevens.edu, and Library patrons are reminded to log into myStevens rather than use the Stevens VPN for off-campus access.
- Faculty and Librarians will collaborate to offer Library instruction either in synchronous (Zoom) or asynchronous (Canvas) sessions.
- The Library will hold all workshops online. Check the Library Events page for updates.
- Every Wednesday at 3:00 p.m. ET, librarians Courtney Walsh and Vicky Ludas Orlofsky present the Zoom webinar "We're Still Here For You: Remote Library Services & Resources," a review of the tools and information available to you from the Library.
Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery Services (ILL/DDS)
- Articles: Requests from other university libraries will continue to be available. Delays may occur based on lending library availability.
- Books: No requests will be filled at this time. All new ILL book requests will be automatically canceled.
- Current ILL books: Please ask for a renewal in your ILL portal before the due date.
- Overdue ILL books: Renew in your portal. If you cannot renew, please contact Mary Ellen Valverde or the ILL Department.
- Print books and retrieval of books currently held in remote storage will not be available.
- If you have books that are due, please renew online or contact John Cruz, Circulation Services Manager.
Study Room Reservations
Archives & Special Collections
- Assistance related to the Archives & Special Collections continues a limited basis. Please contact Leah Loscutoff, Head of Archives & Special Collections, and Ted Houghtaling, Archivist, and Digital Projects Librarian, for assistance.
Thesis and Dissertation Submission
- Formatting review for theses and dissertations will continue to be available. Please contact Ted Houghtaling, Archivist and Digital Projects Librarian, for assistance.
Test-Taking with Accommodations
- Faculty should contact Phil Gehman, Director of Disability Services, for information.
ELC Office, Academic Support Center Walk-In Tutoring Center, IEEE History Center, WCC Table
- Please contact these individual offices.
- Please stay connected through the Stevens website and the Samuel C. Williams Library website for updates.
- Get facts, data, and information about the Coronavirus (COVID-19) from our research guide.
- Chat with a Librarian at library.stevens.edu
- Email us at [email protected]
- Phone: 201-216-5200
- For a list of Library Staff members, please visit here.