The Circulation Services department is where books are checked out, returned and renewed, and overdue fines are paid. Reserve materials for specific courses are found at the Circulation Services Desk, and forms for requesting books and articles can be submitted at the desk.
Access to online research databases
Access to the Library’s online subscription databases will continue to be available 24/7 through the Library website. Please email [email protected] with questions, or visit the Remote Access research guide for more information about connecting remotely.
Borrowing books and other materials:
Access to the book and bound journal collection
Direct access to the book and bound journal collection is currently unavailable, but you can still get items that you need through the new contactless “Holds Pickup” service.
Beginning August 31, this will be the process to obtain books from the Library stacks:
- Step 1: Search the Library Catalog to identify the book(s) you want
- Step 2: Request the item using the Book Borrowing Form.
- Step 3: When your request is ready, you will receive an email from the Library. Follow the instructions to schedule a date/time to pick up your item(s). Please do not come to the Library until you have received the confirmation email. For more information, please contact John Cruz, Circulation Services Manager.
If you are a student who is taking classes fully remotely and you are not living on campus, you can request a book from the Library Catalog by requesting it using the Book Borrowing Form. The Library will mail the book to you via UPS and we will include a return mailing label at no cost to you.
If you have checked-out books from the spring, summer, or fall 2020 semesters and you would like to return them, the Library is offering two methods for book returns if you will not have campus access during the fall semester.
- We can mail you a UPS return mailing label and you can send the books to the Library, or,
- If you live near campus and it is convenient for you, a Library staff member will be happy to meet you in Hoboken and retrieve the books from you.
Reserve book and textbook collection
The Reserve book and textbook collection will be unavailable until further notice.