Stevens students, faculty, staff, and alumni are eligible to borrow from the Library.
Please adhere to all of the Library's Borrowing Policies
Students & Staff
- May borrow up to 10 items
- Circulating Books (2nd floor or shelved off-campus) -- 28 days
- Leisure Reading Books (2nd floor) -- 28 days
- Reserve Books and Materials (Circulation Desk) -- 2 hours IN LIBRARY
- Reserve Textbooks (Circulation Desk) -- 2 hours IN LIBRARY
- circulating books for an initial lending period of 120 days, and
- up to 15 items at any given time (contact Circulation Services Manager John Cruz if you need to check out more items at one time).
A book can be renewed 10 times unless there is a recall or hold placed on the book. For additional renewals, the book must be presented at the Circulation Desk.
Policies about holds, recalls and fines can be found on the Borrow & Renew page.
Remote Students, Faculty, and Staff
If you are a remote student, faculty, or staff member the Library will be happy to mail a book from the Library’s collection to you via UPS and we will include a return mailing label at no cost to you.
Please follow this process to obtain books from the Library collection:
- Step 1: Search the Library Catalog to identify the book(s) you want
- Step 2: Request the item using the Book Borrowing Form.
- Step 3: The book(s) will be mailed to you and we will include a UPS return mailing label so that you can return the book efficiently.