These Babylonian cuneiform clay tablets were purchased in 1902 by President Alexander C. Humphreys. President Humphreys later donated them to the University in 1923 to honor his predecessor, Dr. Henry Morton, the first president of Stevens. Dr. Morton was an authority on hieroglyphic languages and helped translate sections of the Rosetta Stone in the mid-nineteenth-century. These cuneiform clay tablets were found at a ruin in the Ancient Babylonian city of Umma, located in modern day southern Iraq and represent early records of offerings and exchanges of goods from the period 2350-2100 B.C.E.