As the Director of the Samuel C. Williams Library at Stevens, Dr. Linda Scanlon Beninghove works closely with students, faculty, staff, and leadership to ensure that the Stevens community has access to vital research tools and support, including but not limited to journal and ebook databases, research guides, technology resources, engaging research instruction, borrowing and lending services, and archives and special collections. Dr. Beninghove is committed to the constant improvement of Library spaces, services, and resources, and she cares deeply about enhancing the student and faculty Library experience. She is grateful to work with an excellent team of dedicated, collaborative, and creative Library colleagues. Dr. Beninghove welcomes feedback from the Stevens community and encourages you to reach out with questions, comments, concerns, and recommendations to help make the Library an even better presence in the lives of students, faculty, staff, alumni, and researchers.
- Doctor of Education (Ed.D.), Educational Technology Leadership - New Jersey City University, Jersey City, New Jersey
- Master of Science in Management (M.S.) - Stevens Institute of Technology, Howe School of Technology Management, Hoboken, New Jersey
- Master of Library Service (M.L.S.) - Rutgers University, School of Communication, Information & Library Studies, New Brunswick, New Jersey
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) - Art History; Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) - Psychology; Minor - Spanish, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey
- Recording Secretary, Hoboken Historical Museum Board of Trustees, December 2021-present
- Board Member, Hoboken Historical Museum Board of Trustees, 2019-present
- Recorder, VALE-NJ Members Council, 2019-2023
- Co-Chair of the VALE-NJ Planning and Assessment Committee, February 2016-June 2021
- Attended the Harvard Leadership Institute for Academic Librarians, July 2015
- Member of the Executive Committee of the VALE-NJ academic library consortium, June 2015 to June 2021
- VALE-NJ Shared Information Literacy Committee member, 2007 to 2014. VALE-NJ (the statewide Virtual Academic Library Environment of New Jersey consortium) has over 50 member academic libraries.
Publications and Presentations
- Invited speaker. Stevens Graduate Women in Business. SheLeads: Celebrating Women's History Month. Stevens Institute of Technology, March 26, 2022, Hoboken, New Jersey.
- Beninghove, L., Lena, M., Ochoa, M., Rosinski-Kauz, D. (2019, January). VALE Strategic Planning Focus Group. VALE New Jersey Annual Users’ Conference. Rutgers University, Piscataway, New Jersey. Breakout session.
- Beninghove, L. (2016) Exploring innovation: a qualitative study of academic libraries (Doctoral dissertation). New Jersey City University: Jersey City, New Jersey.
- Invited speaker. METRO STEM SIG Meeting: Management Trends in STEM Libraries. John Jay College of Criminal Justice, November 4, 2016, New York, NY.
- Szeklicki, C. and Beninghove, L. (2016, March). Williams Library Collaboration Project 2015. NJEDge Faculty Showcase 2016. Stevens Institute of Technology, Hoboken, New Jersey. Presentation.
- Beninghove, L. (2015, November). Best Practices in Technology-Driven Libraries for the 21st Century. NJEdge.Net Annual Conference. Princeton, New Jersey. Poster session.
- Beninghove, L. (2015, March). Best Practices in Technology-Driven Libraries for the 21st Century. NJEDge Faculty Showcase 2015. New Jersey City University, Jersey City, New Jersey. Poster session. (Award received for Best Poster Session)
- Espinel, R., Beninghove, L., Orlofsky, V.L., Horowitz, E. (2014, January). Flipping the Script: Using Videos as Instructional Tools to Flip the Information Literacy Class. VALE New Jersey Annual Users' Conference 2014. Rutgers University, Piscataway, New Jersey. Breakout session.
- Espinel, R. and Beninghove, L. (2013, June). Gettin' Dirty: Students Dig Through Archives to Discover a City and Their University and Create Web-Based Library Media. New Jersey Library Association Conference 2013. Atlantic City, New Jersey. Poster session.
- First Year Read Facilitator, August 2023
- Responsible for maintaining the University Policy Library on the Stevens website, Fall 2022-present
- Tour Guide, University Center Complex Ribbon Cutting and The Power of You Celebration, May 14, 2022
- Stevens Commencement volunteer, 2007-2008; 2013-2016; 2019-present
- Standard III committee member for Middle States Committee on Higher Education Accreditation, 2017-2018
- Stevens Honor Board Co-Advisor, 2018-2019
- Copyright Policy Working Group member, 2015-2016
- Midnight Breakfast volunteer, 2012-2015
- Member of the Stevens Historical Preservation Committee, 2014-present
- Stevens Family Reunion volunteer, October 2012
- Stevens Presidential Inauguration volunteer, October 2011
- Middle States committee member, Standards 11 and 12, 2006 to 2008
Honors & Awards
- Stevens Employee Recognition Award: Student-Centricity, April 26, 2023
- Honorary member of the Stevens Gear & Triangle Honor Society
- Honorary member of Khoda, the Stevens Senior Honor Society
ACRL (Association of College and Research Libraries)
ALA (American Library Association)
NJLA (New Jersey Library Association)