As the Director of the Library, I work closely with students, faculty, staff, and leadership to ensure that the Stevens community has access to vital research tools and support, including but not limited to journal and ebook databases, research guides, technology resources, engaging library research instruction, borrowing and lending services, and archives and special collections. I am committed to improving the student and faculty library experience and I am thankful to work with a great team of dedicated, collaborative, and creative colleagues.
- Doctor of Education (Ed.D.), Educational Technology Leadership - New Jersey City University, Jersey City, New Jersey
- Master of Science in Management (M.S.) - Stevens Institute of Technology, Howe School of Technology Management, Hoboken, New Jersey
- Master of Library Service (M.L.S.) - Rutgers University, School of Communication, Information & Library Studies, New Brunswick, New Jersey
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) - Art History, Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) - Psychology, Minor - Spanish - Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey
- Stevens Commencement volunteer, 2007, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019, 2021
- Standard III committee member for Middle States Committee on Higher Education accreditation, 2017-2018
- Stevens Honor Board Co-Advisor, 2018-2019
- Copyright Policy Working Group member, 2015-2016
- Midnight Breakfast volunteer, 2012-2015
- Stevens Family Reunion volunteer, October 2012
- Stevens Presidential Inauguration volunteer, October 2011
- Middle States committee member, Standards 11 and 12, 2006 to 2008
- Member of the Hoboken Historical Museum Board of Trustees, 2019-present
- Recorder, VALE Members Council, 2019-Present
- Co-Chair of the VALE-NJ Planning and Assessment Committee, February 2016-June 2021
- Attended the Harvard Leadership Institute for Academic Librarians, July 2015
- Member of the Executive Committee of the VALE-NJ academic library consortium, June 2015 to June 2021
- VALE-NJ Shared Information Literacy Committee member, 2007 to 2014. VALE-NJ (the statewide Virtual Academic Library Environment of New Jersey consortium) has over 50 member academic libraries
Publications and Presentations
Beninghove, L., Lena, M., Ochoa, M., Rosinski-Kauz, D. (2019, January). VALE Strategic Planning Focus Group. VALE New Jersey Annual Users’ Conference. Rutgers University, Piscataway, New Jersey. Breakout session.
Beninghove, L. (2016) Exploring innovation: a qualitative study of academic libraries (Doctoral dissertation). New Jersey City University: Jersey City, New Jersey.
Invited speaker. METRO STEM SIG Meeting: Management Trends in STEM Libraries. John Jay College of Criminal Justice, November 4, 2016, New York, NY.
Szeklicki, C. and Beninghove, L. (2016, March). Williams Library Collaboration Project 2015. NJEDge Faculty Showcase 2016. Stevens Institute of Technology, Hoboken, New Jersey. Presentation.
Beninghove, L. (2015, November). Best Practices in Technology-Driven Libraries for the 21st Century. NJEdge.Net Annual Conference. Princeton, New Jersey. Poster session.
Beninghove, L. (2015, March). Best Practices in Technology-Driven Libraries for the 21st Century. NJEDge Faculty Showcase 2015. New Jersey City University, Jersey City, New Jersey. Poster session. (Award received for Best Poster Session)
Espinel, R., Beninghove, L., Orlofsky, V.L., Horowitz, E. (2014, January). Flipping the Script: Using Videos as Instructional Tools to Flip the Information Literacy Class. VALE New Jersey Annual Users' Conference 2014. Rutgers University, Piscataway, New Jersey. Breakout session.
Espinel, R. and Beninghove, L. (2013, June). Gettin' Dirty: Students Dig Through Archives to Discover a City and Their University and Create Web-Based Library Media. New Jersey Library Association Conference 2013. Atlantic City, New Jersey. Poster session.
Honors & Awards
- Honorary member of the Stevens Gear & Triangle Honor Society
- Honorary member of Khoda, the Stevens Senior Honor Society
ACRL (Association of College and Research Libraries)
ALA (American Library Association)
NJLA (New Jersey Library Association)